We Southerners are fanatical about college football. Auburn is my team, so I've compiled my Top Ten List of favorite things about Auburn football Saturdays. This is my own top ten, but I know there's much more to love! Post yours in the comments!
10. Aubie - Our lovable, award-winning mascot.
9. BoddyGetta cheer – Weagle Weagle, y'all.
8. Rolling Toomer's Corner – Trees or no trees.
7. Momma Goldberg's – Steam my hoagie please.
6. The Eagle's flight into Jordan-Hare Stadium - Chill bumps.
5. Tiger Walk – More chill bumps.
4. Jordan-Hare Stadium – Pronounced "Jerden" in case you aren't from these parts.
3. "War Eagle!" – Auburn's beloved battle cry.
2. The Kick-Six – This is what we live for.
1. Charles Barkley – Okay, that's basketball, but we love our "Round Mound of Rebound"
It is so interesting to observe the creative process unfold because everyone does things differently. The songwriters, painters, and other artists in my life each have their own personal methods and practices that work for them and their personal work styles.
My process starts with a concept sketch in my sketchbook. No details, just in general where the characters will be positioned. Next, I start the drawing. This is the most important step because the drawing has to be right. The client has to approve the drawing because once the pastel work starts, there’s no turning back! The pastel work is the final step.
The drawing step for my current project is complete and I’m ready to start the pastel work. This is a progress photo with the star subject, my son Jake, who is here for a too-short visit! I am always sad when it is time to go and I look forward to the next visit. Maybe Chewie and the rest of his friends will make it out there in time for our next visit!
Based in Birmingham, AL, I love creating portraits in charcoal and pastels. Join me on my creative journey, inspired by the people, places, and pets I've met along the way!